So here we go ;)
Since January a lot has changed, and I'm not detailing it all b/c I doubt if anyone will be still checking in from TDP or "back in the day" when I was training for figure competitions.
- I found the Paleo Diet, and LOVE IT!
- I eat strictly Paleo 99% of the time with the exception of 1/4 cup of steel cut oats every morning. I modified the diet to work for me and my energy levels, and feel better than I ever have, and don't feel even a little bit deprived!
- Started my Paleo way of life with an 8 week "challenge" that ran from June through July 2009 - I came in second place, but ate strict paleo every day of that 8 weeks (w/ exception of oatmeal), and dropped 15 lbs of fat in the process and 3 inches off my hips ;) The weight and inches have stayed off since.
- I am now eating for performance and not for physique. The physique is following nicely, but I am not measuring anything - I'm eating strict paleo choices, Zoning most of my meals/snacks (via eyeballing method!), and eating when I'm hungry - usually every 3-4 hours, but not always
- My PR's have been steadily increasing since going Paleo
- I am currently CrossFitting at CCCrossfit (http://www.cccrossfit.com/ ) 3 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off
- I started Olympic Lifting 5 days a week w/ Molly, Pam, and Eduardo at CCCrossfit about 6 months ago, and this replaced my "standard" lifting in the gym
- Still in School, but graduate either end of Sept or Oct!!!! SWAMPED and STRESSED right now, but all of this will be over soon!!
- Attended the Crossfit Games in Aromas this year with Molly and the Alamo Crossfit Crew (http://www.alamocrossfit.com/ ) - had a blast and got a fire lit under my butt! I Want to Compete next year, and am going to do EVERYTHING in my power to make that happen!!
- Recently went home to VA for 2 weeks for personal reasons, and had the IMMENSE pleasure of training (O-lifting) under Coach Wilkes and his boys (Cody, Coard, and Caine) at Chesapeake Crossfit while I was there (http://www.chesapeakecrossfit.com/ <---check data-blogger-escaped-out="" data-blogger-escaped-span="" data-blogger-escaped-them="">!!)
- Also had the pleasure of WODing with the AWESOME group of people (Brad, Andre, Grant, Brandon, JRock, Austin . . . ) at Sparta Fitness Crossfit while I was there - another great affiliate in the Hampton Roads Area (http://www.spartafitness.com/ )
- Back home in TX now with a more well-rounded and diverse view of all things CrossFit!!
I'll then be posting regularly w/ random thoughts, workout times and weights, meal ideas, pictures, and whatever else spills out of my head!